Frequently Answered Questions (FAQ)
- What is "atheism?"
- The word "atheism" represents an all-encompassing and tremendously diverse classification-demographic of individuals who share one specific trait -- the absence of belief in any deities (gods and goddesses).
- Is atheism an organized hierarchy with a leader?
- No. Organized hierarchies and official leaders or other such representative are not necessary for classifications, such as atheism. Consider the classification of "things that are mostly or entirely coloured red" -- setting up an organization to manage this or assigning someone to be its leader would be counterproductive due to the impossibility of having any impact on directing or changing the classification. So it follows that here at Canadian atheists our emphasis is that we are atheists, and not that we are managing or setting direction for what atheism is since it is a classification that stands on its own merit.
- Can the Canadian atheists help with immigrating to Canada?
- We do not provide citizenship and immigration services. Please see our "government resources" links for links to Canadian Government departments that can provide you with the necessary information about the official requirements and regulations relevant to relocating to Canada: